June 24, 2007

No one should lose out economically or socially because of their sexuality

No one should lose out economically or socially because of their sexuality, but I think the homosexual lobby has gone way over the top in asserting "their rights". To have undermined the family in the way they have and possibly put perfectly heterosexual kids on the road to homosexuality is something that this lobby will have to take responsibility for. To suggest that this is normal behavior and advocate it on a par with heterosexuality is I'm afraid a distortion of the facts, both evolutionary and physically.

There are a lot of people who find homosexuality offensive to their religious beliefs, in the same way homosexuals consider objections to homosexuality offensive to them - whose rights are more valid and should be recognized more fully and on what basis? I believe like religion sexuality should be and remain a private matter, I do not wish to know what consenting adults get up to behind closed doors, equally I do not wish to have homosexuality churned out in the media as something that is on a par with having a drink in the pub or that is perfectly normal and acceptable in public life - as a heterosexual myself I have no need to keep telling people about that fact or over emphasizing my sexuality, and I have never understood why homosexuals feel the need to constantly labor that point.

No comments: