June 4, 2007

I support the release of Alan Johnston

Unfortunately when covering terrorists, a reporter is likely to experience terrorism. This violent act shows how base and cynical are these horrid thugs. I support the release of Alan Johnston without further delay. I also support the release of Gilad Shalit, kidnapped by HAMAS and Ehud Goldwasser and Eldad Regev who were kidnapped by Hezbollah. Let us not forget them.

Alan, I feel for you and hope that you will be released very soon. My other hope is that once you are released, that you will be more objective in your reporting. The Israelis, who withdrew from Gaza, are now subject to daily rocket attacks, perhaps from the same thugs that kidnapped you. Perhaps you will also come into contact with Gilad Schalit, the Israeli soldier who was kidnapped and dragged into Gaza. If so, maybe he can provide you with another side to the conflict.

No comments: