May 22, 2007

The government needs to get out of the charity business

The government needs to get out of the charity business. They take your money (in taxes) at the point of a gun. Then the graft and corruption takes it’s share. It cost approximately double to get the money to these people. Would you donate to a charity that takes $50.00 and only gives less than $25.00 to the “poor”. I don’t think so.

The combined value of federal, state, and local expenditures in FY 2004 was $3.75 trillion. The average cost of govern­ment spending thus amounted to $32,706 per household across the U.S.

Stop asking me for more of my money and stop calling me names when I ask for some of my money returned to me.

Government is a necessary evil and should be restrained to the smallest role possible, the military/police, the courts, printing money, etc. Government should not do anything else as it will rob and dominate other areas of society until it destroys them. Just like they have done to the public education system and to the health care (insurance) system.
population. The majority of the “poor” in the US all own a car, a microwave oven, a television, subscribe to satellite/cable television and of course live in a house or apartment. Sounds like the richest “poor” in the world to me.

No comments: