July 10, 2007

I'm not very impressed with Fred Thompson

As a voting republican I'm not very impressed with Fred Thompson... Why?

Having attended a recent Thomspon gathering I had the opportunity to ask him two quick questions. Mr. Thomspon can you tell us if you have taken the time to read the law which provides the foundation for the Real ID Act? And if you have read it do you support or oppose the law? Thomspon: " I realize the act will help eliminate terrorist threat and so it's good for the nation" Me: Sir, with all do respect my question was have you taken the time to read the law? Thompson: I believe i have a good understanding of the nations concerns and how it related to terrorist threats. Did he answer the question? Nope!

My second question. Mr. Thomspon has you also taken the time to read the actual US Patriot Act? Thomspon: I certainly understand the need for the US Patriot act and support the law. Me: Sir, again with respect have you taken the time to read the law? He quickly rushed to another question.

In many ways he reminded me of Rudy.... Where nearly every one of his replies included his reply to my own questions was about terrorist.

He never did answer my questions and others felt I asked valuable questions and they seemed concerned he didn't answer my questions either.

In closing Fred's TV image isn't as polished in person.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fred Thompson is just another part of the McCain, Dole, Damato philanderer polygamist cabal, protecting their goods. McCain was part of the Keating S&L scandal, but they are also responsible for the subprime debacle. Damato never passed the repeal of Glass Steagal because he was milking both securities and banking firms. Meanwhile, the junk banks he had his hand in made junk loans. It only took Phil Gramm one month to pass Gramm Leach when Damato was defated. These guys don't see fnance as an industry which affects our global competitiveness, just as a teat they can suck on. The youth stashers want a harem of women and a harem of banks they can have their way with. And, now, will the guys who insisted our current president was the best candidate just because he had a southern accent please pay the bill?